Ten reasons to choose a single speed road bike
over a mountain bike:
1. The road you commute on and your campus are likely paved.
2. Road bikes have thinner tires. Mountain bikes have fat tires. A thin tire has less surface area in contact with the road. Less contact means less friction and an easier ride.
3.Speed and acceleration come faster.
5. Your school is in the city and so are the roads. To truly enjoy a mountain bike you first have to get to the mountain.
5. You look good and feel good on a road bike and it brings a smile to your face.
6. The smile on your face looks good on you.
8. Image: the simple clean look is aesthetically pleasing. A great fashion accessory.
9. Road bikes(single speed) have fewer components and are priced accordingly. Simple bikes mean fewer parts to maintain. Basically just brakes, tires, and chain.
10. You're back in school. The smart choice is to ride a road bike. Riding road bikes is fun.